302 North Alabama Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
IndyGo is constructing eight enhanced transit stops in downtown Indianapolis known as the Super Stops projects. Two stops were completed in 2022. Six more are planned for construction in 2023.
Phase 1 of the project consisted of a full reconstruction of Delaware Street between Maryland and Vermont streets and resurfacing between Vermont Street and Fort Wayne Avenue, including the removal of the below-ground streetcar tracks. Furthermore, the project implemented the first phase of Super Stops, an improvement to local public transit services in the city center. One Super Stop was constructed at the intersection of New York and Delaware streets and another at the intersection of North and Delaware streets. Super Stops in this phase consist of enhanced waiting areas, ticket vending machines, security cameras, real-time signs, near-level boarding and bus shelters.
Phase 2 work is projected to begin as early as April and be complete by December 2023. This section is designed to give a three-week lookahead of construction activity and impacts happening along the corridor and will be updated weekly once construction begins. Work is intended to take less than three weeks at each super stop location.
|Project Type||New Facility|
- The Hot Room 305 East New York Street (220 feet SE)
- Indianapolis Old City Hall202 North Alabama Street (430 feet S)
- Chatterbox Jazz Club435 Massachusetts Avenue (849 feet NE)
- Bill Gray Plaza430 Massachusetts Avenue (900 feet NE)
- Horizon Bank302 North Alabama Street (87 feet NW)
- Classic Cleaners350 East New York Street (163 feet W)
- Don Oldham Allstate Agency303 North Alabama Street (173 feet NE)
- Monument Advisors, Inc.255 North Alabama Street (195 feet SE)
- Paramount Schools Of Excellence350 Massachusetts Avenue (816 feet NW)
- Indiana State Teachers Association (ISTA)150 West Market Street (0.2 miles SW)
- Educate Beyond All Barriers, Inc.120 East Market Street (0.2 miles SW)
- Health Care Education & Training445 North Pennsylvania Street (0.2 miles NW)
- DNR Lot202 North Alabama Street (197 feet SE)
- Municipal Garage317 East New York Street (258 feet SE)
- Massala Lot363 Massachusetts Avenue (301 feet N)
- 219 N. Delaware Lot219 North Delaware Street (316 feet SW)