543 Indiana Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46204
View on Google Maps
KVML is a cultural and educational resource unique to the nation, championing the literary and artistic contributions of the latewriter, artist, teacher, and Indianapolis native Vonnegut. The library continues Vonnegut’s fight against censorship and supportslanguage and visual arts education as well as honors his military career by supporting veterans through programs and outreachactivities.
At the new museum you can:
● Sit hunched over the same model typewriter Kurt Vonnegut pecked away on, and we’ll Tweet your musings to our fans andsupporters or wander upstairs to see his actual typewriter.
● See Vonnegut’s drawings and doodles, his Purple Heart, and other intimate belongings generously loaned by his family.
● Pour over an unparalleled resource of intimate artifacts including photos from family, friends, and fans that revealVonnegut as he lived: lounging, laughing, and languidly contemplating the universes inside his head.
● Ponder rejection letters Vonnegut received from editors. One even claimed that Vonnegut’s Dresden firebombing accountwas “not quite compelling enough” for readers.
● Rest a spell and listen to what friends and colleagues have to say about Vonnegut and his work on our large touch screen.
● Browse items from the Kevin Scherr Collection: First editions of every Vonnegut novel, several signed editions, adaptedfilms, and more.